Commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi- Closing Events: 1) Quiz on Gandhian Philosophy and Thought (23-09-2020) 2) Online NSS Foundation Day Celebrations (24-09-2020, 10.00 am to 11.00 am) 3) Online Motivational Lecture on Gandhian Ethics and Leadership (24-09-2020, 11.00 am to 1.00 pm) 4) Online International Seminar on Gandhian Philosophy (30-09-2020, 10.30 am to 1.00 pm) 5) Online Virtual Photo Exhibition on Gandhiji (02-10-2020) 6) Old Age Home Visit (02-10-2020)
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
The Department of Physics is housed in C.S.S.R. & S.R.R.M. Degree & P.G College which is affiliated to the Yogi Vemana University. On the very first visit, the students fall in love with the campus environment.
Physics Department is among the most important departments set up in the College in 1995. The faculty is well qualified. The department has reputation, as it has attracted large number of students. The department has well furnished laboratory equipped with state of the art instruments such as BJT transistor, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope (CRO), spectrometer, audio frequency generators, digital trainer, etc. Separate dark room facility is available in the laboratory.
The Department of Physics has been functioning with the objectives as:
- To lay thefoundation in concepts, laws, theories and mechanisms.
- To provide broad based instruction in the fundamental principles, concepts, theoretical knowledge and experimental techniques.
- To develop laboratory skills in performing experiments, recording, interpreting the results and time management.
PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
The Department of Physics has been offering the following programmes in CBCS mode since the academic year 2015-2016.
1. B.Sc. Mathematics – Physics – Chemistry
2. B.Sc. Mathematics-Physics-Computer Science
Various activities like seminars, group discussions, JAMs, quizzes and class room participation form part of co-curricular activities of the department. The Department conducts workshops, seminars, educational/industrial tours and arranges special lectures by external experts in their respective fields for the benefit of students and staff members.
STRENGTHS, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES AND FUTURE PLANS
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges and future plans of the Department are:
• Sufficient Infrastructure with well equipped laboratory.
• Qualified, experienced and eminent staff, ICT based teaching.
• Student with poor academic standards are admitted.
Encouraging the students to go on
1. Physics subject is very useful. Students can join M.Sc., M.Phil,, Ph.D., & B.Ed.
2. Students can join a faculty of JL & DL
3. Energy sector (NTPC, APGENCO, UCIL, BARC, etc.)
4. Oil refinery industries (ONGC, HPCL etc.)
5. Students can join in ISRO and DRDO
6. Students can join a faculty of lab & technical side
1. To improve the academic performance those students poor in the subject.
2. To prepare students get involved in research programmes.
- To Introduce PG programmes.
- To upgradethe facultyby Ph.Ds/ NETs/ SLETs.
- To conduct national and international seminars and workshops for the development of both the students and the faculty.
- To pursue minor and major research projects.
- To encourage students for research oriented higher studies.
There are two faculty members in the Department of Physics.
The individual personal profile of the members of the faculty of Physics Department:
Name of the Teaching Staff
P. Mahesh Reddy
Lecturer & HOD