Commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi- Closing Events: 1) Quiz on Gandhian Philosophy and Thought (23-09-2020) 2) Online NSS Foundation Day Celebrations (24-09-2020, 10.00 am to 11.00 am) 3) Online Motivational Lecture on Gandhian Ethics and Leadership (24-09-2020, 11.00 am to 1.00 pm) 4) Online International Seminar on Gandhian Philosophy (30-09-2020, 10.30 am to 1.00 pm) 5) Online Virtual Photo Exhibition on Gandhiji (02-10-2020) 6) Old Age Home Visit (02-10-2020)
DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
The Department of Botany established in the year 1996, It offers three year degree Under-Graduate Course – B.Sc. [Botany-Zoology-Chemistry]. The department comprises of two well qualified faculty members and a lab of state of art infrastructure.
The Department of Botany welcomes the first semester newly admitted students and provides information and orientation regarding future prospects of the subject Botany. In addition to conducting laboratory and industrial tours, the Department hosts seminars which are presented by students and faculty. It currently has two faculty members with varied research interests.
Achieving excellence in studies, conservation, exploration and sustainable exploitation of the plants world for well being of the humanity.
To provide and maintain conducive environment for teaching the learning of Botany.
To offer a modular course of lectures and associated seminars, research projects and practical classes, supported by supervisions where appropriate.
To describe characteristics of the leaves, stems, roots and flowers of range plants.
To identify flowers and other floral materials.
Identify several sub disciplines within the field of botany.
PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
The Department of Botany is implementing Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) in the following programmes from the academic year 2015-2016. Besides the department involves in teaching inter-disciplinary courses i.e., non-core subjects particularly Department of Zoology and Chemistry.
Seminars, group discussions, quizzes, extension work, education and industrial visits, etc., are some of the cardinal co-curricular activities of the department for the benefit of both the students and the staff members as well. Extension and guest lectures are some of the important activities of the faculty for achieving quality education. As far as Consultancy Services concerned, the Department of Botany contributes more in imparting Botany education and spreading Botany literacy among the student fraternity in the area. The department provides under-graduate students with a strong inter-disciplinary foundation that draws on the strengths, fundamentals, theory and applications of Botany.
STRENGTHS, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES AND FUTURE PLANS
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges and future plans of the department are:
· Well Qualified and experienced Staff.
· Well equipped laboratory.
· ICT Facility.
· The College campus itself a Botanical Garden with a number of plants and trees.
· Many students are come from rural area, the background not up to theirlevels.
· Lack of certificate and diploma courses.
Encouraging the students to go on
1. Botany is a job oriented programme. Students can get number of opportunities through this in different kind of private & Government sectors.
2. Students can also join P.G., M.Phil, Ph.D, Medical field, agriculture, horticulture, sericulture research and lectureship.
1. To improve the academic performance those students poor in the subject.
2. To Prepare students get involved in research programmes.
3. To start certificate and diploma courses.
§ Opening of an inter-disciplinary research laboratory.
§ Setting up of departmental herbarium with more accessions.
§ Setting up of mushroom culture and technology.
§ Starting certificate and diploma courses.
There are two faculty members in the Department of Botany.
1. Mr. S.Md. Haneef, M.Sc., M.Phil., (Head of the Department)
2. Mr. B. Sunil Kumar, M.Sc., Lecturer