Commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi- Closing Events: 1) Quiz on Gandhian Philosophy and Thought (23-09-2020) 2) Online NSS Foundation Day Celebrations (24-09-2020, 10.00 am to 11.00 am) 3) Online Motivational Lecture on Gandhian Ethics and Leadership (24-09-2020, 11.00 am to 1.00 pm) 4) Online International Seminar on Gandhian Philosophy (30-09-2020, 10.30 am to 1.00 pm) 5) Online Virtual Photo Exhibition on Gandhiji (02-10-2020) 6) Old Age Home Visit (02-10-2020)
Department of political Science
Established in 1992, the Political Science Department is one of the leading departments in the college with its distinguished faculty and contribution to academic research, social and public policy in India. It offers M.A., M.Phil and Ph.D programmes.
The department has five major specializations - Political Theory, Public Policy and Administration, International Relations, Comparative Politics and Indian Political Process. The core research areas of the department include Indian Political Thought, International Politics, Human Rights, Gender Studies, Rural Development and Governance, Parties and Elections and Northeast India studies. They have also taken up initiatives like E-Patshala and archiving bifurcation documents in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Department faculty have also incubated and contributed to many Centers such as the Centre for Human Rights and the Centre for Ambedkar Studies. Faculty also serves on many search committees, policy bodies and is referees for journals and book publishers in India and abroad.
- Politics, the pursuit and exercise of power, exists in many realms of social life, including government, businesses, religious institutions, universities, clubs, themedia and families. Political science is the study of politics in its various forms and manifestations.
- The discipline of political science focuses mainly on the politics of governments, including their political relations with members of society and with one another.
- It examines a broad variety of topics, ranging from the sources, distribution, and exercise of power to the role of class, race, and gender; the political attitudes and behaviors of individuals and groups.
PROGRAMMES OF STUDY
The Department of Political Science offers the following programmes in CBCS mode from the academic year 2015-2016.
- B.A. (General). History-Economics - political Science.
- Seminars, group discussions, quizzes, extension work, education and software industrial visits, etc., are some of the cardinal co-curricular activities of the department for the benefit of both the students and the staff members as well.
- Extension and guest lectures are some of the important activities of the faculty for achieving quality education. As far as Consultancy Services concerned the Department provides under-graduate students with a strong inter-disciplinary foundation that draws on the strengths, fundamentals and theory of Political Science.
STRENGTHS, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES AND FUTURE PLANS
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, challenges and future plans of the Department are:
• Qualified, competent and dedicated faculty.
• Level of the understanding of the subject is very low.
• Exclusive job opportunities like Indian economic services.
- To improve the strength.
- To motivate the students to admit in B.A. Degree Course.
- Most of the students are from rural families where most of the parents are working as daily/agriculture labour which has impact on the regularity of the students to attend the college. This has become a great challenge to the department to counsel them and uplift their academic standards.
- To recruit faculty with Ph.D qualification.
- To undertake research projects.
There is one faculty member in the Department of Political Science.
The individual personal profiles of the member of the faculty of
Political Science Department
Name of the Teaching Staff
Mr. M.V.V.Sekhar Reddy
|2.||Mr. P.S. Rana Theja Reddy||Lecturer||M.A..,|